Chansen Media Group – Living Magazine – Rockwall, Texas
Living Magazine, a division of Chansen Media Group, is looking for a talented, full-time, on-site senior graphic designer with a good eye for design who can raise the bar at a fast-paced ad-driven publishing company. The designer will work closely with the editor and client service managers to produce professional and creative editorial and advertorial article layouts for print, help to direct the look and feel of the publication through font choices and flourishes, manage the construction of magazines before publishing, assist with preflight and verification for material to be printed, and assist in other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will be excellent and proficient with Mac OS, highly skilled with InDesign and the rest of the Adobe production suite and possess a strong technological aptitude and communication skills.
– Create multiple distinct polished editorial layouts (12+ per month) with varying page counts and configurations
– Receive general direction and create advertorial articles to specification
– Prepare and format content for publishing
– Build and edit monthly magazines according to flat plan layouts
– Quickly implement small changes or iterations and tweaks to ads
– Verify submitted work conforms to house specifications and style
– Create attractive raster and vector work with smart typography choices
– Carefully organize, name, and save files according to convention
– Work within constraint while also expressing style
– Communicate clearly with team members
– Work on multiple projects at once
– Prioritize work based on shifting schedules
– Bachelor’s degree in related field
– Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
– Proficient with Adobe Illustrator
– Proficient with Google products including Mail, Calendar, and Sheets
– Familiarity with Mac OS
– Understanding of various file formats (PDF, EPS, JPG, AI, INDD, DOCX)
– Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant experience and attention to detail
– High level of communication, both written and verbal
– Excellent time-management skills
– Ability to prioritize workflow
– Excellent mechanical/technical production skills
– Previous experience designing for print
– Experience and knowledge of typography, layout, and design
– Versatility in multiple types of projects with different end users
**MUST INCLUDE LINK TO PORTFOLIO FOR APPLICATION TO BE REVIEWED.
Applications without a link to portfolio will be ignored. Applicants must be local to DFW area, office in Rockwall, TX. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time on-site | Competitive salary | Health, dental & vision benefits | Paid time off | 401k match