At Kleiman Evangelista Eye Centers of Texas, it’s their life’s work to help you achieve excellent vision. Their friendly, professional staff and expert surgical team offer exceptional patient care and outstanding surgical results, while using the most advanced technology available. They do this with unwavering compassion and dedication to helping you accomplish your vision goals.
Their experienced surgeons are specially trained to use advanced technology and techniques which provide you with precise results. They also offer many options to customize your vision to your individual lifestyle. Are you ready for a life with improved vision? Kleiman Evangelista has six state-of-the-art offices throughout DFW. Their doctors are among the most experienced in the DFW Metroplex, having performed thousands of procedures for satisfied patients using the most advanced technology. They have a team of industry-leading eye care experts who utilize advanced technology and techniques to treat a wide array of eye issues. Whether you have cataracts, glaucoma, astigmatism, a retinal condition, or just want to stop wearing contacts and glasses, they’re committed to helping you achieve your vision goals.
Cataracts are a common, entirely normal part of aging. Though younger adults can develop cataracts—especially those who’ve experienced a serious eye injury or who have certain medical conditions like diabetes—older adults are far more likely to develop them.
In fact, it’s estimated that cataracts currently affect more than 20.5 million Americans over the age of 40 and 90% of those over age 65. Fortunately, Kleiman Evangelista have extensive experience in restoring their patients’ vision via safe and effective laser-assisted cataract surgery. They offer the latest technology and a choice of several premium lenses, including the new PanOptix lens, to improve your eyesight and allow you to live your life to the fullest.
Because cataracts develop slowly, it’s possible to live with the condition for years before its symptoms start to noticeably compromise your vision. For that reason, it’s good to have your eyes checked for cataracts regularly, especially if you’re between the ages of 40 and 50, when most age-related cataracts begin to develop.
Here are a few early signs that you may have a cataract:
- Blurred or cloudy vision
- Difficulty seeing at night
- “Halos” around bright lights (especially at night)
- Sensitivity to bright light and glare
- Need for brighter lights for reading and other close-up activities
- Double vision or multiple images in one eye
- A faded or yellowish hue to bright colors
What Does Cataract Surgery Entail?
A typical cataract surgery involves a few simple steps:
- First, a surgeon numbs your eye and the surrounding area with a local anesthetic.
- Next, they make a small incision in the front of your eye, which allows them to easily remove the lens that is clouded by a cataract.
- Then they replace the old lens with a new artificial lens (called an intraocular lens) made from acrylic, plastic, or silicone.
- As your eye heals, it fuses with the new lens, and your vision begins to become clearer.
Kleiman Evangelista is pleased to offer a variety of premium lens types currently available on the market, each of which offers unique advantages. The expert team of physicians at Kleiman Evangelista were also the first in Texas to utilize the PanOptix lens in cataract surgery. (Visit KEEyeCenters.Com to find out more.)
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) is a surgery that reshapes your cornea using lasers. It’s a quick and precise procedure that can successfully correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism, enabling you to see clearly without glasses or contact lenses.
LASIK is typically painless, its results are immediate, and its recovery period is short. In many cases, the surgery can be performed on both eyes in under 15 minutes, and since it’s an outpatient procedure, you’ll be able to relax in the comfort of your own home as your eyes heal.
The Benefits of LASIK
Remember the first time you put on glasses and suddenly shapes and details were crisp and clear again? More than 600,000 Americans have that experience each year thanks to LASIK surgery, many of them declaring it to be “life-changing” and “the best decision” they could’ve made. Kleiman Evangelista provides each LASIK patient with treatment that’s tailored to their lifestyle needs.
LASIK surgery at Kleiman Evangelista is:
- Fast—Most LASIK procedures can be performed on both eyes in around 15 minutes
- Proven—Almost 99 percent of Kleiman Evangelista Eye patients are satisfied with the improvements the surgery made to their vision.
- Efficient—Most patients see drastic improvements in their vision within one to three days.
- Long-lasting—Following a short recovery period, your vision will be clearer and sharper—and it’ll stay that way, reducing your need to see an optometrist, though you should still have check-ups to make sure your eyes are healthy.
- Convenient—Once your vision is improved, you won’t have to deal with the hassle of glasses or contacts.
Is LASIK Worth It?
Choosing to have LASIK surgery can save you money in the long run. Glasses and contacts can be costly to update and maintain over the years, whereas with LASIK, after a single, short procedure, you’re all set.
Of course, making the decision to have eye surgery requires some thought and planning, and it may not be right for everyone. Kleiman Evangelista strive to connect each patient with the right treatment options. The highly experienced team at Kleiman Evangelista has helped tens of thousands of patients enjoy improved vision with blade-free LASIK and laser-assisted cataract surgery. Visit KEEyeCenters.Com or call (800)-714-2020 to schedule a free consultation to see whether you’re a good candidate for LASIK or cataract surgery and to discuss the many ways can help you achieve your vision goals.
350 East I-20
Arlington, Texas 76018