By Annette Brooks
Known for providing innovative, effective, high-quality spine care, Dr. Mark Valente’s goal is to help you live your life comfortably without back pain. Countless patients who have traveled from throughout the Metroplex and the country to see him have enjoyed life-changing results.
A leader in his field, Dr. Valente is one of a few surgeons in the U.S. using sophisticated surgical navigation systems and performing minimally invasive robotic spinal surgery. He is also one of a handful of surgeons who was sought out to perform the new Intracept Procedure — a minimally invasive outpatient alternative to spinal fusion for back pain. His cutting-edge services include thorough, in-depth evaluation and comprehensive treatment plans that address conditions such as bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis, just to name a few.
Conservative Treatment First, Surgery As The Last Option
“Part of my job is to empower patients with knowledge about their condition and viable treatment options so they can make an educated decision,” says Dr. Valente. “Surgery is only recommended when I have a very high level of confidence that it will significantly improve the patient’s condition, pain level, and quality of life, or if it’s warranted in an emergency situation.”
Around 90 percent of Dr. Valente’s patients don’t require immediate surgery. Instead, conservative, nonsurgical treatments such as anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, chiropractic care, in-office trigger point injections, or steroid injections are the first line of treatment.
Dr. Valente has a high patient satisfaction rate and credits his talented staff for their contributions. “Every member of our team takes pride in providing great patient care by being responsive, attentive, compassionate, and knowledgeable. We have someone for each expertise in our office, such as insurance, billing, and scheduling, which enables us to offer an unparalleled quality of care from start to finish.”
Dr. Valente uses the most technologically advanced minimally invasive techniques and procedures available to perform all aspects of spinal surgery — cervical, thoracic, and lumbar. Services include spinal reconstruction and deformity surgeries, scoliosis, and revision surgery for patients who have undergone previous spinal surgery without success. His credentials highlight his dedication to excellence and innovation.
More About Dr. Mark Valente
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon
- Nationwide ranked #3 among all orthopedic surgeons sitting for the oral board examination (AOBOS)
- Former clinical instructor at the University of California, San Diego and Michigan State University
- One of a few surgeons in the U.S. performing robotic spinal surgery and using sophisticated navigation systems
- One of the first spine surgeons in the U.S. performing image-guided basivertebral nerve ablation (minimally invasive outpatient procedure, a non-fusion alternative to treating chronic back pain)
- Extensive training at leading-edge institutions
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- University of California, San Diego
- William Beaumont Hospital, Michigan
- Cedars Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles
Outside of medicine, Dr. Valente enjoys spending time with his family and world travel. He has journeyed to over 60 countries, including Guatemala, to participate in a medical mission.
Relieve Chronic Lower Back Pain without Fusion
Dr. Valente is one of a few spine surgeons in the U.S. who offers the minimally invasive Intracept Procedure, giving patients an option to relieve their back pain caused by degenerative disc disease or arthritis without undergoing spinal fusion.
“After conservative treatments for chronic lower back pain have failed, patients who are good candidates now have a new choice to relieve their pain,” Dr. Valente says. “As an alternative to spinal fusion, this procedure, where the basivertebral nerve is ablated using radio frequency technology, preserves the spine structure and doesn’t impact range of motion.”
- Treatment option for patients who have not responded to conservative therapy
- Minimally invasive outpatient procedure, three to five-millimeter incision
- Implant-free, preserves the spine structure and range of motion
- Provides reliable relief of chronic low back pain
- Alternative to spinal fusion
Call for more information and to schedule an appointment with Founder and Director of the DISC Spine Institute Dr. Mark Valente. His offices are located in Plano, North Fort Worth, Southlake, and Decatur.
Voted #1 Spine Surgeon Again
Recently voted 2020 Best Spine Surgeon, this is Dr. Valente’s fourth consecutive Living Magazine Readers’ Choice award.
“My team and I thank our patients for this public show of loyalty and trust,” Dr. Valente says. “We love helping patients improve their quality of life and get back to doing the things they enjoy most.”
3160 North Tarrant Parkway, Suite 404
Fort Worth, Texas 76177